Monday, February 6, 2012

Meryl Streep Appreciation



I have a strong admiration for Meryl Streep. Some of you might sigh, and think "Yeah, so do a lot of people." I think that people are drawn to her honesty, a quality that makes her a fantastic actor.

This commencement speech is a culmination of that genuine personality. Take 20 minutes and listen to her words of wisdom. Her speech rings true, especially for women.

In lieu of getting sappy, I really identify with the speech. College was a time that I completely embraced my personality. You don't like the democratic, feminist, who likes to discuss the gold standard? That's just fine with me.

In the words of Marlo Thomas (here's the cheese), I would like to thank Meryl for encouraging woman to be "Free to be....You and Me."

No comments:

Post a Comment